Over the pandemic, UK eCommerce grew by 46%. As a result, consumers became increasingly accustomed to seamless online payment experiences.
Only until recently, physical in-stores and hospitality payments remained largely frozen in time. This disparity between online and in-store experiences creates friction for merchants who need to meet customers’ expectations of quick and seamless payments regardless of how and where they choose to pay.
The challenge: growing disparity between online and in-store experiences
Ultimately, brands must be on the front foot when it comes to deploying the right technology to meet, and anticipate, changing consumer expectations. By being proactive, merchants operating in fiercely competitive markets can differentiate payments to encourage loyalty and spend.
However, the journey towards a better payment experience looks very different for every business. Merchants can be frustrated, and risk falling behind if they adopt a ‘one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, they need tailored, bespoke solutions and services from their payment technology partner.
MultiPay recognises that every merchant has a unique payment proposition and challenge. Therefore, each of its customers also needs a MultiPay service designed specifically for them. This is what MultiPay terms its couture customer service – an essential part of our philosophy and values, which we deliver in several ways.
- Firstly, through a dedicated single MultiPay point-of-contact for every customer. We know the client inside-out, we have detailed in-depth knowledge of the client, and can act as both problem solvers and innovation consultants. Unlike our competitors, whose customers must navigate convoluted and often outsourced call centres, MultiPay can quickly and effectively route issues through to the correct expert and assemble teams able to deliver a solution built around the customers’ unique requirements. This enables MultiPay to respond swiftly and accurately, tailoring processes to individual customer needs and proven business outcomes.
- Secondly, MultiPay provides every customer with a direct line to our COO, Delia Pedersoli, and CEO, David Maisey. Industry experts, they have over 40 years of experience in the payments industry and a true passion for the sector. All MultiPay Global customers are aware they can have direct access to their knowledge and skills.
- Thirdly, technology runs at the very heart of MultiPay’s customer service strategy and processes. Two-thirds of its workforce have a technology background. Consequently, MultiPay can continually innovate the services it offers its customers, and in turn, the experiences end consumers receive.
By offering such a highly tailored consultancy service, MultiPay innovates hand-in-hand with its customers. It anticipates their technological needs and helps turn problems, or even simply the beginning of an idea, into revenue-generating solutions.
MultiPay is the payments partner for the Frasers Group – which includes; Sports Direct, House of Fraser, Jack Wills, Game, and other retailers – to create a new bespoke instore mobile payments solution.
Sports Direct consumers are often eager to quickly check out and purchase trainers they choose from the instore “wall of shoes” but express frustration at waiting times to pay. MultiPay worked with Sports Direct to streamline processes, make expansion frictionless, increase the speed of response and recovery, as well as improve the customer experience.
With over 470 stores worldwide, Sports Direct was looking for a standardised card solution that could be deployed and integrated quickly with other systems in each market.
MultiPay provided a simplified and more unified operation environment through implementing its unique card-present gateway. Since its implementation, the sportswear retailer has seen considerable cost savings and has developed the confidence to continue its rapid worldwide growth.
Meeting our clients’ expectations
Impressive outcomes of MultiPay’s “couture” customer service include.
- All-in-one agnostic payment solution combines a unique API that acts as a single point of integration between any payment method and any acquirer.
- Access to Multipay’s C-Suite, ensuring highly tailored consultancy and support.
- The ability to respond to customers with immediacy and accuracy without customer enquiries being distorted by third-party contact centres.
- The opportunity for MultiPay to quickly innovate its services in line with customers’ challenges. Being so close to the action, MultiPay anticipates customer needs and creates solutions to continually improve the quality of its technology and services.
Our customer’s perspective
“As we re-opened our stores it is great to know that our payment partner has the scale, agility, and detailed knowledge of our infrastructure to ensure we are ready and can offer an unbeatable experience…
…Payment is a key part of the customer experience as it is the point where a consumer fully commits to our brand and products. MultiPay Global Solutions understands this and delivers a seamless payment experience while removing the complexities often felt when managing multiple systems.”
(Tony Westwater, Head of IT at Frasers Group, which includes House of Fraser, Sports Direct, Game, and Jack Wills).
Building on the result
MultiPay is building on its customer experience offering by anticipating what solutions are needed to stay ahead in a constantly evolving payments landscape.
For example, MultiPay has partnered with Luxochain – a blockchain specialist in product authentication – to offer its customers a new way to battle the near trillion-dollar counterfeit market. By connecting with MultiPay’s unique API, merchants can offer end consumers NFTs as certificates of authenticity for products at the point of sale. These can be securely and easily passed on should the product be sold on later.
In addition, MultiPay is extensively hiring new technology and customer service experts. Adding to its workforce, MultiPay can ensure it continues its couture service by keeping its high ratio of customer agents to clients.
Why talk to us?
We aim to give back control of payments to businesses. This is especially important as lockdown eases and merchants’ make-up for lost revenue and time. To do this successfully, merchants need highly tailored solutions that simplify what can be very complex processes.
Our innovative team of experts delivers a unique couture service with the agility and flexibility to provide the right solution, tailored to individual needs, within set timescales and budgets. This keeps our customers happy and underpins our long-standing successful relationships.
About MultiPay Global Solutions
Launched in 2021, MultiPay Global Solutions is a payments technology company that enables large merchants to accept any payment, anywhere. Headquartered in London, Copenhagen, and Milan, its all-in-one agnostic payment solution combines a unique API that acts as a single point of integration between any payment method and any acquirer. MultiPay’s gateway works across all payment channels in any sector. Some of our customers include The Frasers Group, Zara, LS Retail, Bershka, & Ecco.